The Tukabatchee Area Council serves 14 counties in south central Alabama: Autauga, Bullock, Butler, Chilton, Coosa, Crenshaw, Dallas, Elmore, Lowndes, Macon, Montgomery, Perry, Tallapoosa and Wilcox Counties.
|Based in Montgomery, other communities within the Council's service area include Prattville, Selma, Alexander City, Marion, Millbrook, Clanton, Greenville, Camden, Tuskegee and Wetumpka. The current council shoulder patch, adopted in 1989, depicts a fleur-de-lis inside a heart in the center of the state of Alabama. The fleur-de-lis represents the BSA while the heart is representative of Montgomery's claim as the "Heart of Dixie." The white stars in a blue arc with grey and red color scheme are reminiscent of the official flag of the City of Montgomery. The count of 14 stars represent the counties in the council's central Alabama service area. The council derived its name from the Creek Indians who inhabited much of Alabama and specifically south central Alabama prior to European settlement. Tukabatchee was a capital of the Creeks located at the convergence of the Coosa and Tallapoosa Rivers just east of what is now Montgomery. The tribe of Creeks occupying the area were known as the Alibamus. Alibamu is the name of the council's Order of the Arrow lodge.|
|Meet our scout executive, district executives and council staff.|
|The Tukabatchee Area Council was formed in 1919 as the Montgomery Council. The council later changed names to the Montgomery Area Council. The name changed again in 1947 to the Tukabatchee Area Council. More council history can be found here.|